Summer Vacay Dailies: Week Dos

 This week wasn't too crazy, but we had some fun!


 Thursday 
 Daddy had baseball in Parkersburg, so we had a Mommy n' Me night complete with dessert, Wreck it Ralph, and home pedicures!  (Which was a feat in and of itself given the size of my belly lately!)
 





Friday
A trip to the library for new books was how we spent our morning, plus a nice walk around town to drop off some of the Reese's Cheesecake Bars we made the night before- the recipe made so many!  Friday night Papa and Grandma Brown drove up with Uncle Heath and Aunt Alice to join us while we watched the Trojans take on East Marshall.
 








Saturday
Saturday Jerod's parents renewed their wedding vows and celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary.  We then headed back to their homestead to hang out.  Cailyn loved looking at the cows, but when Papa Bret took her out to see them firsthand she head one bellow and immediately wanted Mommy and Daddy.
 




Sunday

Sunday was full of a whole lotta cleanin'.  I'm pretty sure I'm not nesting yet- just super annoyed with how crazy messy my bathroom drawers and under-the-sink storage looked.  Now, I feel much better- you wouldn't believe how many unused or half-used bottles of scented lotion and body spray I got rid of.  I was so proud of myself for thinking of using my hair clamps as cord clamps when my appliances are being stored!  I always need one when I'm using a curling iron or the straightener and that way I can use it and then put right away- love!











Monday
I bought some detangling spray for doing Cailyn's hair and it works so great- plus, it leaves a smidge of product in that makes her curls look so adorable!  We also filled up our inflatable pool on Monday....still trying to figure out the pool maintenance part.  We don't want to have to change the water every other day or for our gal to be swimming in bacteria and ickies, so we're looking in to how to chlorinate the water to help keep it cleaner.







Tuesday
After a trip to Ames we  went for a wade in the pool, had a picnic lunch outside on the patio, and rested up for a night of Trojan baseball.  Cailyn had lots of friends to play with: some elementary girls whose brothers play baseball and Liam, our friends Ashley and Erik's son.  She loves him!







Wednesday
I realized when Cailyn and I got home last night, that we had left a beach towel on the floor...the same beach towel she ate a popsicle on before we left.  I looked a little closer and noticed tiny little ants crawling on the towel....and the carpet, augh!  That, combined with a mouse issue we have been having, has had me feeling the heebie jeebies as I walk around my own house.  So, after vacuuming like a madwoman at 9:45 last night I spent this morning spraying around windows, doors, nooks, and crannies to ward off any more creepy crawly bugs and put down MORE glue traps and some well-placed mouse poison.  Happily, though, I was able to snip some of my peonies!  I wanted these flowers for our wedding, but of course they would be out of season and have to be imported...muy muy expensive!



 

Thanks for stopping by for Summer Vacay Dailies!  We'll have more next week!

Post a Comment