Summer Vacay Dailies- Halfway there

This post marks the enjoyment of half of our summer vacation!  It is just flying by and I'm beginning to think about all the work I need to do before school starts.  Which would be a lot easier to do if I could get in to my classroom and set stuff up, but I guess B&G is installing a new air conditioner over my tile area which can't be waxed until they're finished.  As Cailyn would say- UGH.  Maybe it's God's way of making sure I don't work away the few weeks I have left with the fam before getting back to the grind.  Here's to another fantastic five weeks!

Saturday July 5
Grandmas, Papas, Aunts, Uncles, and Greats came by to celebrate an early birthday for Cailyn.  What's more satisfying than Pizza Ranch broasted chicken and Dairy Queen ice cream cake??  I suppose getting new running shoes, headband craft kit, new clothes, princess goodies, and your first bike might top the food in this case! 


Sunday July 6
This summer marks our 5 year anniversary, so I made Jerod do something special with me.  My mom and sisters stayed with the kids after the party on Saturday and he and I drove up to Minneapolis to spend some time by ourselves.  Of course we had to stop at IKEA so I could get some things for my classroom and then we hit up a restaurant near our hotel.  They just happened to be showing the UFC pay-per-view, so we stayed for over 3 hours having drinks and watching the fights.  Let me just say that drinks up there are not as cheap as they are in Iowa!  Sunday we watched the Yankees play the Twins at Target Field.  Jerod is a huge Yankees fan and loves Derek Jeter, but I had heard he hadn't really been playing a lot of away games so we were ecstatic to see he was in the lineup!  It was amazing to see the crowd reaction to him in his last season before he retires- the entire stadium cheered when he was announced- louder for him than any Twins player.  Goes to show the legacy he has left in the world of baseball.


Monday July 7
Monday night was a varsity double header and the kids and I decided to walk to the field instead of driving.  We should really do that always next year for home games, it's so close!  (But then again, everything in this small town is.)  Remember the rabbit having babies?  Well, we hadn't seen anything for a couple weeks and then we found this little guy.  We saw him for a couple nights after Monday evening, but there were some cats lurking around....I think they my have nabbed him. :( 


Tuesday July 8
First round of districts for softball was on Tuesday, the girls played a good game, but in the end they just didn't make it happen.  However, Colby loved all the cheers they were doing in the dugout- couldn't stop babbling while they were cheering!  We also FINALLY got the back door painted the same as th,e front door, woohoo!

 Wednesday July 9
This was a chill day, working on the garage again, eating powdered donuts for breakfast, and hanging out at a(nother) baseball game- this time with my former fellow baseball widow, Jamie, and the rest of her clan! 

 Thursday July 10
I got my new personalized planner in the mail!!!!  I spent a little extra on this, but it will last me through December 2015 and it's a perfect fit in the diaper bag and my purse, so I can bring it everywhere.  I love being able to write things down rather than put them in an electronic organizer.  I feel like if I write it down I internalize it better and kind of have a little alarm in my memory when something's coming up.  I tried to get a couple more 9 month pics of Colby, painted a wall in the kids' room (that's all I have time for- one wall a day when I have an hour), went to the final home and regular season game, and watched Cailyn try Sour Patch Kids for the first time.  She was not impressed.

 Friday July 11
Happy Birthday to our sweet baby girl!  Leah got her special cupcakes from Scratch Cupcakery- she certainly knows the way to Cailyn's heart.  :)  We didn't do much this day, except prepare for her Mermaid and Pirate party for Saturday.  When asked what we should eat for lunch, Cailyn said pretzels at Sam's- I swear we eat there at least twice a week in the summer.  The evening was a short one for her as she has been refusing to sleep at nap time lately, but then being a crabby pants the rest of the day.  I told Jerod I think I'm too hard on her sometimes because I don't let her get away with anything, but I just want to be consistent.  He reassured me that it's hard now, but it should pay off later.  I can only hope that's true.

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather we're going to be having!

Post a Comment