Summer Vacay Dailies - Cuatro mis amigos

Saturday June 28
The Trojans had the extraordinary opportunity to play at the Waterloo Bucks stadium, and they won the first game!  Which was awesome for them, but meant that we had to find something to do for the next 3 1/2 hours until their second game would start (if it started on time).  We opted to have lunch with Jerod and some of his players and then hit up the mall in Cedar Falls.  It was perfect because Colby slept while we strolled, I got to do some shopping, and Cailyn was able to play on the rides when Colby woke up and ate lunch.  They started the second game but it was stopped during the second inning due to impending monsoon weather!  The drive home was interesting for the first 20 minutes- and by interesting I mean the road was pretty much invisible because it rained so hard.

Sunday June 29
A chill day at home before borrowing a friend's truck to pick up some more drywall and supplies for finishing the rest of our garage project.  Colby is becoming quite the climber, I went to grab a few things out of a tub in the attic and looked down to see him halfway up the ladder!  I had a minor heart attack and tried desperately to hold back the fear in my voice and not startle him while I called for Jerod to come grab him, land alive!!  Also, Cailyn has been in full "selfie" mode lately and I am constantly finding pics she has taken of herself on my Google+ account, such a ham.

Monday June 30
While Jerod got a hair cut the kids and I went to The Ark, a pet shop in Ames, to get an animal fix.  Have you ever had a parrot talk to you?  It's not cute, it's totally creepy- that's the culprit in the top left photo.  My favorite thing to see in the pet shop is the saltwater fish- I would love to have a tank except that would require me to pay for them and upkeep their tank and I'm not committed to that.  It rained ALL DAY on Monday- like, it poured cats and dogs ALL DAY.  There was a river running between ours and our neighbor's house, which is never a good sign for our basement.  We had water leak in again- ugh.  The good news is that we knew to just pull everything back to save the carpet and started ripping out wet carpet pad and sucked the water up right off of the concrete.  Our steamvac was filling up in about 30 seconds flat.  Craziness.  We had some assistance from a good friend of ours and we repaid him with a beer and dinner from a restaurant in town- Lord knows we weren't cooking anything after that fiasco.

Tuesday July 1
Working on the garage, painting pictures bought from the Target dollar bin, attending story time at the library and making paper tambourines, going to the park, and making up rained out baseball games is how we spent our Tuesday.  Easy.  Breezy.
 Wednesday July 2
I have never truly tried to get an actual nice photo of the kids together.  But, Cailyn is going to be 3 and Colby is going to be 9 months so the timing is perfect since I'm taking their milestone pictures anyway.  So we went to the old schoolhouse in town to try some and they were both in moods, but I somehow ended up with a couple great candids.  Thank Heaven for digital cameras!  If I weren't able to take as many photos as possible I would never get a shot!

 Thursday July 3
My mom and a few of my siblings came out for the weekend and traveled with us to an away game at probably the most mosquito-affected site in the conference.  I'm thankful for the cool weather that night, which made it easy to wear long sleeves and pants to protect from those stinky blood suckers.  The boys won a great game to cap off a fun night!
 Friday July 4
Our 4th of July was spent at home with s'mores and sparklers.  There may have been some drinks involved, too.  :)  On this day and everyday I am so thankful for the sacrifices of all the military men and women and their families, that ensure we are able to do these things with our families whenever we want.  Thank you!
 

Post a Comment