Summer Vacay Dailies- 3 weeks down


Saturday June 21
Rose Festival Saturday was full of excitement and family.  Jerod's parents made it up so that his mom, Deb, could do the 5K in the morning, and then they hung out with my siblings and the kids and me the rest of the day.  My little brother and my sister-in-law made it up, too!  The kids were thoroughly exhausted having sat through the 5K, a parade, two baseball games, and Cailyn went up to the carnival rides for the first time.  Do not be silly- she wanted nothing to do with the actual rides (and I don't blame her- have you watched those things jerk when they start up?!), but she was very interested in the foods that were available and settled on sno-cones...hers and mine!  We capped the night off with fireworks and my youngest brothers stayed at the house with the sleeping kiddos while the adults went up town for the street dance.  It's the one night a year that Jerod and I stay out until the bar closes- not to drink excessively, just to catch up with everyone and have some fun outside of the bar in our basement. 

 Sunday June 23
I'm not gonna lie- we did SQUAT.  We felt fine the next day after all the previous night's fun, but it was the exhaustion that got us.  We slept in as late as the kids would let us, which I think was until about 9, watched 1 star movies on cable, played, and went shopping in Ames.  The Yellow Sale was happening and I have a weakness for B&BW's anti-bacterial soaps, and I had a coupon for 40% my entire purchase at the Gap outlet.  Psh!  You know I'm not turning that down!  So I bought a very teacher-esque denim chambray dress and a couple things for my babes.  LOVE that place!

 Monday June 23
Ames day #1 of the week!  I brought the double stroller and while Jerod donated plasma I walked the kids on the part of the awesome paths they have in Ames.  You can go about anywhere in town on those things!  We stopped at a park and then went to Hobby Lobby where I found that lovely cork board, but wasn't willing to spend $40 on it.  I'm pretty sure I can replicate it for much less, so I took a picture for inspiration.  After Jerod picked us up we had lunch at Panchero's where, for me, it's never about the tortilla and ALL about the queso and chips! 

 Tuesday June 24
I found Mega M&M's- they are seriously the size of a nickel!  I've been using a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, too, that makes giant cookies, so I figured it was only fitting to use the Mega M&M's in that recipe.  I can't tell you how much I love these cookies- there are no words.  Try them out for yourself here.  These are not low-cal cookies, so I tried to balance out my indulgence by doing a little workout before we took off for baseball.  Cailyn pet a puppy she had just met that night on her own!  Small victories folks, small victories.

Wednesday June 25
On our baseball-free night we thought it only fair to finally hit up a softball game.  The above gems were also at the game and were happy to play with Cailyn and Colby, which is always very much appreciated.  I love my kids, but it's always nice to get to watch a game that I attend and not have to run around all night tracking foul balls. 

 Thursday June 26
Cailyn found my pink heels from my college days.  I'm not sure why I still have them around or how on earth I was ever able to stay out all night in them!  The home game was rescheduled to Tama because of rain, so instead of tagging along we went grocery shopping, which was looooong overdue!  The evening was topped off with bath time, which is a fan favorite around these parts- especially for me, because then they are so much easier to put to bed.  :)

 Friday June 27
'Nuff said.  Thanks to Jamie, Jenna, and Brody for helping me fill up my flat since Cailyn is still learning how to pick berries efficiently!

Post a Comment