A New Blessing

Jerod and I have been very fortunate in our life together to have family and friends available to support us, jobs to help us provide for our beautiful little girl, Cailyn, and another opportunity to expand our little family! 





That's about what life looks like from my eyes these days, and I couldn't be happier.  But, I also can't lie- this pregnancy hasn't been carefree and giddy like when I was pregnant with Cailyn.  I suppose having a miscarriage just does that to a woman.  I pray about it every night, for God to watch over our both of our growing children.  I'm doing the best I can to trust in His will and believe that no matter what happens we'll be okay, but I honestly- I just really hope that we don't have to go through a loss like that again.  So, I guess for now we'll just keep on praying for a healthy pregnancy.

We hit week 15 this past Saturday, and this munchkin is due on October 5th- a week before my brother Tom's wedding to his gal Michelle.  It should make things very interesting that's for sure!  Not to mention having an actual maternity leave with this one, instead of just having a baby over summer vacation.  When I went in for my last appointment baby had a heartbeat in the 150's, just like Cailyn did at that same time.  Jerod's pretty sure he's always going to have girls, he thinks he's cursed! 

I can't help but feel slightly guilty- we were so lucky to have conceived again so quickly.  I know it doesn't happen so easily for other couples, and my thoughts are with anyone who has struggled with conception or miscarriage.  It is so heartbreaking and emotionally draining, we just had a small taste of what some people go through and I truly hope those people find the happiness they are looking for.  In the meantime, I'm going to pray for them and for us and try my best to take this pregnancy one day at a time and enjoy every minute I'm given with this baby, no matter how long or short that may be.







Post a Comment