Slumber party anyone?? We have room!

We bought a bunk bed.

No- Cailyn's not sleeping in it quite yet, nor will she be for a while I'm sure! What happened was we finally moved our queen size guest bed down to the basement bedroom for my sister, leaving Cailyn's room bedless. Now I figured we could have gotten another big bed or even just a little twin size bed for the time being but I am a future thinker. I think waaaaaaay into what may be when making big purchase decisions like these. Jerod thought I was crazy, but my rationale is that not only will they be used in the future by Cailyn and, hopefully, her siblings- but we can use them now for when company comes to stay with us instead of having to haul out all the air mattresses and have people on couches, etc. So he agreed and I ordered a twin over full with a trundle (from Bunk Bedz King- no tax and free shipping!!). The worst part was having to put it together. I usually love furniture construction projects, but this one got the best (or maybe I should say worst) of me, and curses to the person who created the allen wrench!


All the pieces sorted out- see that club looking chunk right in the middle of the floor? That's a bed post for the bottom bunk and it needed to be attached to the headboard, but the stupid little dowels and the opposite holes didn't line up, so when I was trying to jam it on.....


The post fell on my big toe, the spot right below my toenail. My toe hadn't been that swollen since I was pregnant with Cailyn- ironic that the pain radiated through my whole body for about 20 minutes and I reminded me of being in the hospital and having contractions, ouch!


Progress! Frames together and ready for mattress slats, and also to be bunked


Finished product, along with some more girly bedding, I was going to try to keep the bedroom neutral still, because who knows what sex of child we would have next?? But she needs some femininity in this cocoa room.


Trundle under the full bed- that's room for 4 people!!

Post a Comment